▶️ It only takes about 5 minutes to get up and running with ArchiveBox.
ArchiveBox officially supports macOS, Ubuntu/Debian, and BSD, but likely runs on many other systems. You can run it on any system that supports Docker, including Windows.
If you want to use Docker or Docker Compose to run ArchiveBox, see the [[Docker]] page.
1. Set up ArchiveBox¶
Clone the ArchiveBox repo and install its dependencies:
git clone https://github.com/pirate/ArchiveBox cd ArchiveBox/ ./bin/setup.sh # script prompts for user confirmation before installing anything
(The above are shell commands to run. If you’re not used to those, consult your operating system’s manual for how to run a terminal emulator.)
For more detail, including the manual setup and docker instructions, see the [[Install]] page.
2. Get your list of URLs to archive¶
Follow the links here to find instructions for exporting a list of URLs from each service.
- Reddit Saved Posts
- Chrome Bookmarks
- Firefox Bookmarks
- Safari Bookmarks
- Opera Bookmarks
- Internet Explorer Bookmarks
- Chrome History:
- Firefox History:
- Safari History:
- Other File or URL: (e.g. RSS feed url, text file path) pass as second argument in the next step
(If any of these links are broken, please submit an issue and I’ll fix it)
3. Add your URLs to the archive¶
Pass in URLs directly, import a list of links from a file, or import from a feed URL. All via stdin:
echo 'https://example.com' | archivebox add # or archivebox add < ~/Downloads/example_bookmarks_export.html # or curl https://getpocket.com/users/example/feed/all | archivebox add
output/index.html to view your archive. (favicons will appear next to each title once they have finished downloading)
- Read [[Usage]] to learn about the various CLI and web UI functions
- Read [[Configuration]] to learn about the various archive method options
- Read [[Scheduled Archiving]] to learn how to set up automatic daily archiving
- Read [[Publishing Your Archive]] if you want to host your archive for others to access online
- Read [[Troubleshooting]] if you encounter any problems